The paddling season runs from May 28th to approx. September 12th. Weather conditions will determine the specific start and end dates.
Dock at Patient News in Haliburton. Please park at the front of the building, near the road.
Practice days and times
Each paddler will select either morning or evening practice times.
Monday 7:00 – 8:30 am Monday 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 – 8:30 am OR Wednesday 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Members may paddle in another time slot if space is available.
- ‘Drop in’ paddlers are welcome at any practice if there is room in the boat. Need to wear C.S.A approved lifejacket, bring $15 and sign waiver (available from the coach or from the Membership page of this website)
Cancellation of Practice/Local Paddle
- Each member of the Haliburton Highlands Paddlers is responsible for providing a current email address to the Membership Co-ordinator, not only at the beginning of each season but also anytime that their address changes.
- Each coach is to maintain a current group listing of all member emails.
- In the event that a practice/local paddle has to be cancelled, for any reason, the coach responsible for that practice/local paddle will email the entire membership using a group email.
- Each paddler is responsible for checking their “in box” before each and every practice/local paddle to check for a cancellation notice.
What to wear
- Participants are asked to dress comfortably in sports attire. A windbreaker is sometimes required
- Recommended footwear includes running shoes and paddling shoes
- Participants must wear a C.S.A approved life jacket
- Paddles are provided
- foam pad to sit on
- water bottle
- paddling gloves
- change of clothes to be left in the car
- safety strap for glasses
- a means of securing car keys (eg. zippered pocket)